Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I randomly met a stranger who is now a friend.

I just came out of the bank heading back to my house.  I got lost and realized I was going the wrong way. I retrace my steps back to the bank and found my way to the right direction.  I asked 2 different people where was Rosemont street?  They both pointed out in 2 different areas and not explained in words how to get there.  I was sure I was going the right way but wanted make sure by checking with someone.  I asked the 3rd person for direction to Rosemont street. He said its just a street over. I told him thank you.  As I about to walk over the street with my bike, the man walked along with me and started to talk about God. He said God is always been good to me and I know his spirit live in me.  I quickly smile at him and said yes sir.  He kept praising about how great God was as he kept up pace walking beside me.  He told me that  he been looking for a job.  He been out of work for 8 months.  He have a place to stay but need to find job, so he can keep up the rent and buy food to eat 3 meals a day.  Then he said but today is a beautiful day that God created and I am glad to be in it. He asked me am I looking for a job? I told no sir, I have a job at PATH that help homeless people.  I just moved in to LA last week to do mission work for a year here. He asked me where I am from and why I came here? I replied back that I am from TN and felt God called me here to do help people. He started to thank me and thanking God for me to come here to help people who need it.  I stopped walking and introduced myself to him and he introduced himself to me. His name was Bob.  I told Bob that Path have a department that help people find jobs.  I couldn't promise that he will get one, but it wouldn't hurt if he will check Path out.  Bob started to get emotional and told me his friends couldn't help him out much more and he was glad that I told him about Path and that I became his friend.  Bob said God got a plan for everybody and God put you here in this moment to help me out.  "Praise the Lord!", Bob said.  I told him God is always good and he knows what best for us and he knows how many hairs we have on our head.  He is our king, our father, and the one that gave his only son Jesus to died for us.  Bob said yes sir, I believe in Jesus Christ! Bob continued to talk about Jesus and God as he walked with me all the way to my house where I gave him a Path card and house phone number for him to call.  We talked for another hour outside of the house sitting on picnic table.  I listened to him talked about his life story and the history of Abe Lincoln on how he freed the slaves.  Bob always smile every time when he finished a sentence and you can see the holy spirit in him.  I asked him how is he able to survive for last 8 months? He said God kept me going.  My friends did helped me but probably won't be able helped me much longer cause they need the money too. Bob said I am short, have few missing tooth, 61 years old and a muslim. It is hard to find a job at this age, but no matter what I  have been through for last few months, I have prayed every night and keep God first. Bob quickly smiled and I smiled.  Bob said he noticed that I have the holy spirit in me and sees that I have done great things for the Lord and he will continue to put me in right track.  One of my roommates  Alayna came in and I introduced Bob to her and he was thanking her for being here to help people. Bob continue to praised God and talked about how great God is.  I noticed I had to go to a board meeting in a  hour so I quickly stop him and told me we have to go get ready for a meeting.  Bob took my hand and put his forehead to my hand and said may God bless you.  He said he will check out Path on Monday and he will call if he need help finding direction.  That was on Friday.  Monday morning, my roommate Robert told me that Bob called this morning wanted better direction to get to Path and Robert helped him out. Bob wanted to talk to me but I was not able to hear on the phone.   At least I know he is trying to get to Path this morning and I hope Path will be able to help him.


As I been thinking about meeting this  61 years old short muslim man and he told me which way to go but I was already sure I knew I was going in the right direction. Why did I stop to ask the third person?  I can't answer that for now.  Why did Bob started to talk about God to complete stranger that just ask for directions? I do know that God had planned for Bob and me to meet. The way Bob was praising God and how glad he is to be in God's world. Bob influence me on how happy he was, even  he didn't have a job and no food to eat because he had no money and he didn't let that problem rained down on his faith for God and Jesus. Bob said he prayed every night. There are people that I met, who don't have a job or who are in trouble but hardly ever heard them praising the Lord or try to keep their faith running strong.  Everybody is different in the own way with their faith. Some are private or open to the people about their love for God.  Its just neat that once he told me where to go, he started to talk about how great God is.  

This story kind of tag into the story of what Jesus told to the lawyer in Luke 10: 25-37.


Luke 10:25-37 


 25And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
 26He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
 27And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
 28And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.
 29But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?
 30And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.
 31And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.
 32And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.
 33But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,
 34And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.
 35And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.
 36Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?
 37And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.


I went to 3 different people to asked directions. The third person helped me and I end up helping him too at the end.  I smile cause I know La is the right place for me and if I wasn't here, who will help 61 years old man find a job? God is always good and God got a plan for everyone.  It doesn't mean you gonna be helping somebody right this moment but God knows the time and the place that you might end up influence someone by your christian faith and your love for God.   Just open your heart to God and let him in.  

PS I understood every words Bob said. : )   God is GOOD!

Kyle

1 comment: