Wednesday, September 29, 2010

God is love

There was a young man sitting at a park right after he got out of jail.  He got in trouble for a few problems that he did in the past. As he was sitting there thinking, a tourist just sat down beside him.  The tourist  and the young man started a conversation. The tourist was talking about God to the young man. The young man just listened to him. At the end of the conversation, young man got a bible from the tourist.  The tourist left and the young man decide to read the bible and give it a try.  He could not put it down after he started reading it.  The young man started to realize that God is always there and will heal your heart,  heal your relationship with family and friends no matter what you have done in the past.  That was a year and half ago. The young man has changed. He has accepted Christ when he was little but after jail, God got to him.  Every Tuesday, this young man comes to the community house and has a bible study for neighbors and anybody is welcome to join.  Last night, I heard his life story and  he tied in his life story with the bible story of Psalm 27: 1-9. He explained clearly and made sure everybody was on track with him.. I saw God's glory all around him.  He was full of happiness and praising the Lord. We need more people like him in this world. I listened to him asking the people questions, have you ever been afraid? He will bring up bible verses without even reading the bible. God has done great things for him since he opened his eyes to see God's light.   The young man decided to start having bible studies last year at the community house and people came. Last night was the first start of bible study.  (I won't mention his name just in respect for him. )





 At the community house, we have tutoring and recreation time on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday from 5:00 to 8:00 for the kids and teens.  There will be kids already there once we get back from work.  All of us work at different locations with same agency except for one. I have been meeting new friends from young kids to teens.  They all like to play basketball or soccer.  I been playing 2 on 2 in basketball with new friends. I won every time with my teammate. : )   When its about closing time, we walk the kids home. Almost everyday,  I been greeted by a neighbor or one of their kids as I head for work or whatever I was going at that moment.  I only been here for few weeks and getting to know everybody on the block.  God is great.  There is gang problems and drug problems in the neighborhood. This neighborhood have a community house they can come to and hang out with their friends and us and feel safe and enjoy life.


   Matthew 22:37-39 


 37Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
 38This is the first and great commandment.
 39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.



In my past blog, I have talked about the agency I have been working with called PATH. (People assist the homeless)  For right now, I am doing graphic design, website design, and photography work in the administration office at PATH with the development team.  This year is the 25th anniversary for PATH so they are having a gala event to celebrate PATH and honor the people who have helped PATH. We have a online auction set up for people to bid on items from electric guitar signed by maroon 5, vacation trips, lakers tickets, etc.  We also having a live auction at the gala event too. All the money go to PATH to help the homeless.  Me and my teammate Paul that is also a designer have been doing all sort of work from making ads for corporate business,  make pictures and upload pictures of items to the auction website, typing the detail of the items,  fix typo stuff on internet, etc.  Guess what??? I love it!!!!  I will be at the office doing graphic design stuff everyday till the Gala event is over.  After that, I just be doing graphic design stuff at office in the morning and in the afternoon, work behind the desk registering homeless people in, doing paperwork with them  and interacting with them. I am looking forward to that.   The workers and my bosses at PATH have been so good to me. God is incredible.

For the last few weeks, I have done a lot of talking to God, praying, singing christian music and praising the Lord.  Last friday, me and my roommate Alex, we went to Beverly Hills that night to check things out and get to know each other more. As we got into the crowded metro bus to go to Beverly Hills, it was full. After a first stop, there was seats available,  Me and Alex sat whatever we could find a empty seat. Shorty after that, there was a old lady with shopping bags came up and about to hold the metal bars with one hand and using the other hand holding the bags as the bus about to move.  I got up without thinking, and let the lady know she can take my seat.  The bus was full again. There was a lady came on the bus after 3rd stop, standing along with me. There was a drag queen that was sitting there, got up and let the lady took his or her seat.  At the next stop, there was a old man came on and a young man around my age, got off his seat and offer his seat to the old man.  So there was me, the drag queen, and the young man standing with one hand on the metal bar,  I was grinning ear to ear after what I witnessed of what those strangers did for  the old strangers.  I started praising the Lord in silence as I stare at out the window. I was thinking of the lyrics of "How great is our God" and "indescribable" till I got to the final stop in Beverly Hills.    I am praising more and more to God than ever. I am not in the habit of it, I am just thirsty of God's love and wanting to know what God going teach me in this journey in CA.   I am not here because of me, I am here because of God. God called me here to do mission work. I already seen God's glory in the neighborhood, at work and out in the streets. I know I am here for right reasons.

  One of my fears, is that I might fall off God's path and understand my own ways and not his.  I hope it will never come to that, but if it does, God will guide me and help me overcome that mountain.  He done that before and I witnessed God did that to my friends and strangers.  God is always there.  At this moment, I am gonna to pray and gonna put this in writing so you can see what my heart is feeling.

This life is not my own. 
To you alone,  be the Glory
To you alone, be the praise
Everything I say and do
Let be all for You, God.
God please watch over my roommates and my new friends and the people that i will meet . 
God please keep us safe and on your track. Please continue to take care of my family and friends back home. Amen 


God is great! 
Kyle 

No comments:

Post a Comment